比较级考题在设计干扰项时一般都会有比较与非比较的选择，more than 与as/so …as的选择。如上面的③，⑤。
如⑧中形容词修饰语more than a month与比较级结构的区别，⑨中most 与the most的区别。
2）比较级修饰语应注意more than 或as…as结构之前。
3）注意比较结构的完整性，要么是more than 结构，要么是as/so …as 结构，或是the more …., the more ….的句型。
结构内出现名词时的结构可以是as old a car, as many /much/few/little …as。
His English is better than anyone else's in his class.
1. Test Yourself
1) This box is too heavy, _________give me a hand?(1998.1)
A .would you mind B. would you please C. will you like to D. will you please to
2) Research findings show we spend about two hours dreaming every night , no matter what we ____ during the day.(1999.1)
A. should have done B. would have done C. may have done D. must have done
3)It was very kind of you to do the washing-up,but you____ it.(1998.6)
A. mustn't have done B. wouldn't have done C. mightn't have done D. didn't have to do
4) If you don't like to swim, you ___ stay at home.(1995.1)
A. should as well B. may as well C. can as well D. would as well
5) You ____ him so closely;you should have kept your distance.(2000.6)
A. shouldn't follow B. mustn't follow C. couldn't have been following D. shouldn't have been following
6) You ___her in her office last Friday; she's been out of town for
A. needn't have seen B. must have seen C. might have seen D. can't have seen
7) The room is in a terrible mess; it ____ cleaned.(1996.6)
A. can't have been B. shouldn't have been C. mustn't have been D. wouldn't have been
1) B 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) D 6) C 7) A
2）情态动词 + 动词的完成形式的用法，如③⑥。
结构包括情态动词自身的搭配和其后的连带成分。除ought外情态动词后接原形动词，测试中常将不同结构的动词置于一起设干扰项，如①。四个选项都与请求有关，但would you mind后接动名词，一般说would you like to而不是will you like to，will you please后用原形动词，答案是would you please?
在情态动词的推测性用法中，must, can, may, might, could各用于不同的句型，应注意分辨。具体使用规律为：
考试时，如果有原因说明自己的猜测，一般应该must, can't用而不是may, may not。如： He can't have stolen the money; he is not such kind of person.
Some pleasant thing must have happened to him. He is so excited.
There must have been no one in, for nobody answered the phone.
They must be talking about something very secret.
He must be badly ill. He looks so pale.
There may be a terrible storm in the following few days.
could have done本来能够
He didn't take part in the competition, he _______ though.
A. won B. didn't win C. could win D. could have won
needn't have done 本来没不要
You ________. There was plenty of time.
A. needn't hurry B. can't hurry
C. mustn't have hurried D. needn't have hurried
should/ought to have done 本来应该
You _______ me earlier. I could have helped you.
A. should tell me B. should have told
C. need to tell D. needn't have told
shouldn't/oughtn't to have done 本来不应该
You ____ him so closely; you should have kept your distance.
A. shouldn't follow B. mustn't follow (2000.6)
C. couldn't have been following D. shouldn't have been following
might have done 本来应该（用来表示一种责备）
You ______ even though you were busy at that time.
A. might help him B. must have helped him
C. might have helped him D. should help him
其它常用动词的用法，如shall表示"命令"、"威胁"、"许诺"或征求许可，may/might as well等，同学们都应多多注意其用法。
1) I could not persuade him to accept it, ___ make him see the
importance of it.(19995.1)
A. if only I could not B. no more than I could
C. or I could not D. nor could I
2) Not until the game had begun ______at the sports ground.(2000.6)
A. had he arrived B. would he have arrived
C. did he arrive C. should he have arrived
3) The organization had broken no rules, but _____ had it acted
A. neither B. so C. either D. both
4) We have been told that under no circumstances ______ the telephone
in the office for personal affairs.(1999.6)
A. may we use B. we may use C. we could use D. did we use
5) Only under special circumstances_____to take make-up tests.(1997.6)
A. are freshmen permitted B. freshmen are permitted
C. permitted are freshmen D. are permitted freshmen
1) D 2) C 3) A 4) B 5) A
同学们应注意常用否定词语，如：hardly, barely, not, seldom, little, few, nowhere, never, at no time, by no means, in no way, in no case, under no circumstances, not until, not only… but also.., neither … nor…等。如果是在从句的句首，则从句倒装，如4）题。
2） only + 状语置于句首，主谓倒装。
Only when the war was over was he able to get happily back to work.
There stands a monument in the center of the square.
Down came a light form the ceiling when he was walking across the floor.
On the hay lay a wounded boy of not more than seventeen.
5） 现在分词和过去分词可提至句首构成"分词+ be + 主语+其它+的倒装句式。如：
Enclosed in the letter was a photo of a beautiful girl.
Glooming in the test tube on the table was the mysterious something which they had been working so hard to find, radium.
6） so/such…. that句型中，so + 形容词/副词提前，主谓倒装。如：
So boring was the speech that the audience all left halfway.
Such a noise did they make that the neighbors could not go to sleep at night.
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 英语四级完形填空测试的五种形式
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 英语四级语法200条之动名词的复合结构
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 四级音频讲解 CET-4 Model Test 3
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 英语口语8000句之五---在工作单位（一）
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 英语四级范文：我最喜爱的电视节目
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 英语四级Smart思马德记忆法MP3 Unit 90-108
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 大学英语四级词汇活记活用(9)
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 四级英汉互译中的谚语巧合1
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 2005年1月英语六级真题及答案下载
- [大学英语四级(CET4)] 湘潭大学2013年3月大学英语四级报名时间