Section IV Writing(30 points)
Directions: In this part, you are to write an essay of about 200 words within 40 minutes. Your essay should be based on the information given in the outline below.
1. Importance of confidence
2. Reasons for lack of confidence
3. How to build up confidence
One possible version: Whatever one does, one should do it with confidence. If one has no confidence, there is little possibility that one can achieve anything when faced with hardships.
This truth seems to be self-evident. In reality, however, we do see a lot of people who always complain that they lack the ability to do something or that their difficulties are too great to overcome. For some, this might be true. But for the others, this only shows that they have lost heart. Why do some people often feel frustrated even though they are capable of doing something?
I think there are two main reasons. In the first place, these people don’t have a proper evaluation of themselves. They tend to underestimate their capabilities. Secondly, it is possible that they exaggerate the difficulties. In my opinion, one can build up confidence by oneself as long as he has a right attitude towards his own abilities. We should neither underestimate nor overestimate our abilities. Try to find your advantages and that is OK. As a proverb says, "Where there is a will, there is a way." With confidence we can certainly cope with any task we are faced with. 来源:考试大-公共英语考试
- [公共英语(PETS)] 公共英语三级学习笔记Unit25WorkandPosts
- [公共英语(PETS)] 考生复习公共英语考试的常见误区及复习策略
- [公共英语(PETS)] 公共英语等级考试四级(PETS4)课程辅导(60)讲
- [公共英语(PETS)] 公共英语二级每日对话练习272
- [公共英语(PETS)] pets1考试书面表达：范文（2）
- [公共英语(PETS)] PETS一级完形填空解题思路与技巧
- [公共英语(PETS)] 全国英语等级考试教材第三级 模拟试题4
- [公共英语(PETS)] PETS五级写作指导：求职信的七步法例子
- [公共英语(PETS)] 公共英语二级每日对话练习20
- [公共英语(PETS)] 考试大2009年9月公共英语三级在线测试第一期